I used Polyvore to make my mood board, setting out different areas I wanted to cover: settings, props and characters.
The 'settings' section features abandoned houses, dark woods and confined alleyways as these are all typical of the horror genre. Because of this, audiences will straight away pick up on this motif, inducing fear of what is to come. During my research, I noticed that horror films often take place in day to day locations, such as somebody's house. This means the audience member can relate the events to their own life, thus creating a sense of paranoia and fear.
I included a range of different evil antagonists in my 'character' section and took inspiration from popular films of the genre. An example of this is Jack from The Shining, which also refers to horror films reflecting real life as he was just a regular guy. This isn't always the case in horror films though, hence why I included other antagonists such as a zombie, a masked man and a creepy clown.
Researching props also helped with deciding what to include in our own film. Crows are often in horror films and has deeper significance; a group of crows are often referred to as a 'murder'. I also included fake blood, various weapons and supernatural objects.
No comments:
Post a Comment