Friday, 5 September 2014

Statement of Intent

Statement of Intent


My name is Bailey Welch and I am currently studying AS Media Studies, as well as English Literature and Sociology.

I also studied Media at GCSE, achieving a B grade and gaining some experience in this field. During the course, we had to analyse the DVD covers of different genres of film, as well as making our own with the title 'Imagine'. We also studied the music industry; I researched how celebrities are portrayed in different aspects of the media, as well as creating a magazine print interview and the transcript for a television appearance with said celebrity. Our final piece of coursework was to create 4 pages of a magazine: the cover, the contents page, an advertisement and an article. The magazine centred tasks were definitely my favourite as I'm interested in going into journalism as a career. I really enjoyed the creative process of designing and producing my magazine.

I'm very keen to learn more about the film industry and I look forward to learning more about the various filming and editing techniques used. As previously mentioned, I'm very interested in going into the media industry in the future as I'd love to be a fashion journalist. I believe studying media for the past two years has definitely helped me to realise this as it has taught me a lot about the industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment