![]() |
| My Film Company Logo (Click for full size) |
The main image of my logo is a Pegasus. I decided to look into star constellations as a reference to the 'star-quality' of my company's productions. Upon research, I learnt what Pegasus symbolised and knew it was the name I was going to go for. Pegasus is a symbol of knowledge, glory and inspiration and was the 'creative spirit' of Greek mythology. Film production is clearly a very creative process which has the capacity to inspire it's audience; this is why I believe Pegasus is an incredibly relevant symbol for my company.
My initial idea was to have the sky a sort of faded lilac colour to emphasise the magical connotations. However, I decided against this in order to keep my logo gender neutral, meaning I could appeal to a much wider audience. Looking into colour psychology was a very beneficial step in the creation of my logo, as it meant I could convey what my logo represented in a concise and immediate way. The shade of blue I settled on is a sort of 'azure blue'. This colour is one that "inspires determination and ambition to achieve great things", which, I believe, is extremely applicable to the film industry.
The only words I've used on my logo is the company name: "Pegasus Productions". I didn't want to use a slogan as it's not something typically seen on the logos of current production companies. With this in mind, I thought it would appear unprofessional if I did decide to include one. The alliteration of my company's name makes it seem bold, striking and powerful, as well as being quite memorable.
The text on my logo is all capitalised, emphasising it's importance. The word 'productions', although underlined, is in a smaller text size. This was done deliberately so that your eyes straight away fixate on the word 'Pegasus' as it is this that sets my company aside from others. The font is dark grey - a colour that creates a sense of composure. Initially, I wanted black text as a way to assert the power this colour seems to radiate. Instead I decided on the dark grey as it is less harsh yet seems to strengthen a sense of mysteriousness. The colour grey is not gender biased, which means by using it I am not restricting the audience of my company.
I think my logo would definitely stand out on different advertisement platforms as it's very bold. The white Pegasus on the blue background makes it hard to miss and would also be easily recognised. It's different to other film company logos I've seen in the way that it is coloured. Most logos of current production companies tend to be black and white, making mine much more noticeable in comparison.
I believe my logo is creative as I have made something based on our perceptions of different images, shapes and colours. I looked into everything I included to ensure it conveyed the message I wanted to spread. As previously mentioned, it's very different to other production companies in many ways. Mine is much more visual, while other companies tend to focus on the text and one small image or icon.

No comments:
Post a Comment