Wednesday, 25 February 2015

Important Characters

The opening of our film only includes two characters. If our opening was to be extended, the plot would develop much further and we would introduce more characters to give further emphasis of the context.


Our Protagonist

The protagonist of our film is an innocent, feminine and virtuous character. In literature, I have found that names hold a much deeper significance. I searched the web for name-meaning websites until I found this one. Then, I searched for names that meant ‘innocence’ as I wanted her name to reflect her personality.


Many of the results were quite uncommon names. This isn't something I was looking for as I wanted the names to be relatable to further create a sense of reality about our film opening. However, one name that shared this meaning was Imogen. I believe this would be a good choice for our protagonist and, more importantly, it shares the underlying significance to reflect her pure personality.




Our Antagonist

The antagonist of our film is a vengeful, disturbing and evil character. I wanted to carry through the theme of deeper meanings to the names, so I used the same website to find a name that would fit. I searched for names that meant 'angry' as I thought this perfectly matched her emotions during our opening.


Like before, many of the names that were suggested weren't very common in our society. I decided on Liliha, but chose to shorten this to simply Lili so that it appears regular. This is representative of our antagonist as she appears to be like a normal person; it is only upon closer investigation that you realise her aggressive nature.


No comments:

Post a Comment